The past 2 weeks have just been awesome! Drywall was finished as of Dec. 9th. Kitchen Cabinets are in (with the exception of a couple that were ordered wrong...new ones should be here soon). They are white maple and I love them. James is in love with the soft-close drawers...he's tried them all I think! They measured for countertops, which are supposedly 3 weeks out. Doors are in and being cased. Trim is there, so should be in soon. The new fireplace is becoming an amazing focal point for the room. We were having trouble deciding on a mantle and saw a fireplace wrapped in wood - it was beautiful. We told the contractor and he has created something even better than I ever could have imagined! Today, James stopped out to check on progress and Joe was sanding 4 inch pieces of itty bitty quarter round by hand! It is just amazing! All of this will be painted white, to match the trim and the cabinets.
In the past week, we've ordered our hardwood, tile, and carpet, and picked paint colors (to all of you who had to endure that...thanks for not killing me!) Nearly every day we're having to run out to give the "ok" for some change or another...I'm trying to keep my calendar as open as possible so I can be available for anything we need to do...the more they get done, the quicker we go home!
No comments:
Post a Comment